As a specialist insurance brokerage that focuses on Financial Service Firms, we partner with our clients to customise insurance programs that properly protect their firms and comply with the highly regulated sector.
What Coverages are Available?
We consider each client’s operations, activities, size, contractual requirements and ASIC requirements to arrange specialised coverage that makes sense. See below for a brief snapshot of the coverages available to Financial Service Firms:
This cover protects against claims that are caused by your professional advice which may give rise to a financial loss.
This cover protects against claims made for property damage and personal injury to third parties caused by your negligent acts.
Annual combined Business & Leisure coverage while travelling around Australia or Overseas – includes coverage for medical expenses and baggage/contents.
Crime policies can be structured to cover Fidelity (Wrongful Acts of Employees), cover while on premise or in transit, document fraud and even computer fraud
Directors’ and Officers’ / Management Liability
This cover is designed to protect the directors, officers, managers and employees against legal action from shareholders, employees, regulators, creditors, competitors, liquidators and others.
This coverage is mandatory where you have hired employees, but could be beneficial for operations with Sub-Contractors and/or Working Directors.
Cyber insurance can be customised to offer cover for cyber event response costs, business interruption, digital asset replacement, breach costs, cyber extortion/threat, e-theft and third-party liability from a privacy or cyber breach.
Property & Business Interruption
Property and contents coverage for your business equipment, tools of trade and office contents (with the option to extend to Worldwide, if required).
Types of Financial Services Firms
We understand that the Financial Services sector is a very broad industry that demands specific needs depending on each firm’s operations. We provide customised coverage options to suit the various needs and requirements of each specific firm. We currently insure the following types of Financial Service Firms:
- Financial Planners
- Corporate Advisors
- Private Equity
- Property Funds
- Fund Managers
- Venture Capital
- Corporate Secretarial
- Trustees & Custodians
- Merchant Banks
What are the key benefits to working with KBI?
- We understand ASIC’s RG 126 and which insurers provide coverages that comply with its requirements and protect against the associated risks
- We have built relationships with specialised insurers that focus on Financial Institutions and provide customised coverage to suit the specific needs of each consultant
- We are specialists in Professional Indemnity and managing the claims and notification processes
- We provide complete insurance risk profiles customised to each client, outlining which risks are transferred and which risks are self-insured
- We provide coverage, limit and excess analysis to assist clients in understanding their insurance policies and help in making decisions to protect their business
- We help clients make an informed decision by answering the following questions:
- What’s covered?
- What’s excluded?
- What limit should we buy?
- When do we report changes, claims, circumstances, etc.?
Our Key Insurers
Why should I contact KBI?
At KBI we have leveraged our networks, strong relationships, and our insurance/risk management knowledge of the Financial Services sector to customise insurance solutions specific to each firm’s needs.
We provide expert advice to make the process seamless and help our clients better understand their insurance program – helping them make an informed decision.