As a specialist insurance brokerage that focuses on Mining Consulting firms and an expert on the insurance risks associated with the mining industry, KBI partners with our clients to customise insurance programs that fit the specific operations of each consultancy.
What Coverages are Available?
We consider each client’s operations, activities, size and contractual requirements to arrange specialised coverage that make sense. See below for a brief snapshot of the coverages available to Mining Consultants:
This cover protects against claims that are caused by your professional advice which may give rise to a financial loss.
This cover protects against claims made for property damage and personal injury to third parties caused by your negligent acts.
This coverage is mandatory where you have hired employees, but could be beneficial for operations with Sub-Contractors and/or Working Directors.
Directors’ and Officers’ / Management Liability
This cover is designed to protect the directors, officers, managers and employees against legal action from shareholders, employees, regulators, creditors, competitors, liquidators and others.
Cyber insurance can be customised to offer cover for cyber event response costs, business interruption, digital asset replacement, breach costs, cyber extortion/threat, e-theft and third-party liability from a privacy or cyber breach.
Annual combined Business & Leisure coverage while travelling around Australia or Overseas – includes coverage for medical expenses and baggage/contents.
Property & Business Interruption
Property and contents coverage for your business equipment, tools of trade and office contents (with the option to extend to Worldwide, if required).
Kidnap & Ransom
Protection and assistance in the case of kidnap, ransom, extortion, and detention, while operating both overseas and locally.
Personal Accident & Sickness
Assists in the financial loss resulting from permanent disability or death caused by accidental injury, or temporary disablement due to an accident, injury or sickness
What types of Mining Consultants do we insure?
We understand that the Mining Consulting space is a diverse and complicated industry. In saying that, we have customised insurance coverages to suit the various types of Mining Consultants and mining industry services in Australia, including the following:
- Mining Consultants
- Mineral Exploration Consultants
- Mining Contractors
- Metallurgy Consultants
- Mineralogy Consultants
- Resource Consultants
- Mine Engineering Consultants
- GIS Services
- Environmental Investigation & Audit Services
What are the key benefits to working with KBI?
- We understand the risks involved in the mining industry and customise our insurance offerings to protect against these risks and comply with the industry regulatory requirements
- We have built relationships with specialised insurers that focus on Mining Consultants and provide customised coverage to suit the specific needs of each consultant
- We are specialists in Professional Indemnity and managing the claims and notification processes
- We provide complete insurance risk profiles customised to each client, outlining which risks are transferred and which risks are self-insured
- We provide coverage, limit and excess analysis to assist clients in understanding their insurance policies and help in making informed decisions to protect their business
- We help clients make an informed decision by answering the following questions:
- What’s covered?
- What’s excluded?
- What limit should we buy?
- When do we report changes, claims, circumstances, etc.?
Why should I contact KBI?
At KBI we have leveraged our networks, strong relationships, and our insurance/risk management knowledge of the mining industry to customise insurance solutions that benefit Mining Consultants.
With a team that has experience insuring over 250 mining companies throughout North America and Australia, we provide expert advice to make the insurance process seamless and help our clients better understand their insurance program – helping them make an informed decision.